Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Oh, Christmas Tree!

We put up our Christmas tree a couple of days ago - a REAL one.  My first real one ever - although I think I do remember a Christmas at the beach where we used a she-oak pine tree in place of our regular plastic one.  Real trees are the best!

This is Romain and I decorating the tree in our pantouffles (slippers) while Frank Sinatra croons out some carols.  Classy!


With all the wild frivolity, we only copped one breakage


And that's a Christmas tree!



Now for the presents...  Unfortunately no-one has had the time or energy to do any christmas shopping yet, so we are off this afternoon to see what we can rustle up in down-town St Amand.  If I fail in my mission, then everyone is just getting 'a grandchild' 'a niece/nephew' 'a cousin' etc.   And they can be happy with that!

This pic shows how close to delivery that particular present is:  maybe a christmas baby afterall.  Poor bugger.  Destined for a lifetime of 'now here's your present - it's for both Christmas AND your birthday'.






No comments:

Post a Comment